Monday 16 December 2013

So, those of you who have followed me over from Facebook will know that I am embarking on a bit of a lifestyle change. Nobody panic, I do still intend to create and find interesting recipes to share. I don't intend to become a food-police, but I am going to try and find recipes that will enhance the activity I'm introducing in my life, rather than add to my burgeoning body. The only challenge is that most of what I'm eating at the moment is with salad.. a bit boring for a food blog, but perhaps if I can share what to have then you can just add whatever salad you like! I promise I will still include desserts and the like too, I don't want to lose anyone now I've got you back!

Tonight at ours I am cooking Lime Chicken, asparagus, salad and couscous.


I started by marinating the chicken in olive oil (about 2 T for 6 thighs)and the juice of 1 lime, with a little seasoning added, just for taste. They're in the oven on 180oC for about 40 -45 mins, turning regularly and until cooked through. They should get a nice golden colour on them.

I'm serving mine with a green salad, blanched asparagus (which I will drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on and some slithers of parmesan cheese - just a tad!) and finish with that wonderful dish of couscous. SO yummy! I use the instant couscous in Morroccan Flavour (don't judge me, I know this meal hails from many origins ;P) Here's a nice recipe for couscous you could try if you don't have access to the packet mix one like I do:

Couscous

200g couscous
400ml chicken stock
2 T unsalted butter
1/2 c green olives chopped (optional)
1/4 of a lemon - zested with juice
2 T chopped flat leaf parsley
slivered pistachios to serve

Place couscous in a large bowl. Bring stock to the boil then pour over couscous. Add butter and stir well. Set aside for 15 mins before adding the olives, lemon and parsley. Season well and serve with the pistachios. mmm

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment